Friday, September 19, 2008

Craig Morgan

It's been a crazy week, so my apologies for not getting to Craig Morgan sooner. My tardiness, however, doesn't diminish the terrific concert he gave at the BCPA last Saturday.

It was an event from the moment you arrived. IH tractors outside, the remnants of Hurricane Ike swirling around the area, and a high-energy, fun-filled show inside.

For me, it was this atmosphere that was the highlight of the evening. There's nothing I love more than seeing people laughing, smiling, taking pictures, and having fun, caught up in the moment and enjoying a really great concert.

Jason Jones kicked things off with a great set. Jones has a clear, strong voice, and the stripped-down two-guitar accompaniment really highlighted his catchy melodies.

And then came Craig. Of course he played his hits, but the song I heard the most about was the tune he'd written on the bus ride to Bloomington from their previous night's gig in Missouri. He promised it would be on his next album, and I know everyone will be dying to have a copy of this song they heard first.

On a personal note, I brought my three-year-old son to the show. He's at an age that he loves cars, trucks, tractors, and anything big and mechanical. Here we are on the big IH tractor that was outside before the show. My grandpa drove an IH on his farm when I was a boy. It was awesome to share that experience and tradition with my son.

He also loved the music ...
What did you think? Leave your posts by clicking the link below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talk about being slow to leave comments! I sure do apologize for just getting to this area to leave a few!

We loved having Craig Morgan so nearby. I live in Metamora, but met up with fans from St Louis and Decatur for this show! We are members of Craig's fan club and were thrilled to have our meet and greet ops before the show.
He loved the scrapbook page I gave him and he let me explain it a bit.

We were in the first and third rows of the 'pit area.' We loved every song Craig performed and I especially loved his sharing with his 'hot off the computer' New one that he and his buddy, Philbilly, gave a go!

Being that close, I also noticed that once in a while as the concert was nearing the end, Craig was reading my lips! LOL I was glad to help him remember them!

Craig Morgan Always Gives His All and is very serious about his musical career. I hope others will be sure to see him the Next Time he comes to the Bloomington/Normal area!

Thanks to all who made sure this evening went off so well.

~ Marilyn